Riviera Travel is delighted to announce the launch of eight new itineraries curated exclusively for solo travellers, available as part of its new programme for 2019. The offering includes three new solo cruises and five new solo tours, spanning across all corners of the globe. From New Zealand to Egypt to the USA, the company’s solo travel programme has doubled since 2018, with 34 different itineraries designed for solo travellers now available.
Riviera Travel’s itineraries focus on delivering authentic local experiences which delve into the history of every destination visited. Each river cruise includes return flights or rail connections and transfers, tours and excursions with an expert tour manager and accommodation in luxurious cabins or suites on a full board basis. Each uniquely tailored tour includes return flights or rail connections, transfers, and excursions with expert guides and a dedicated tour manager.
Will Sarson, Head of Specialist Product at Riviera Travel said that the company’s growing 2019 programme offered solo travellers the opportunity to have a truly authentic experience across an increasing range of destinations. “There has been a real shift in attitude over the last few years, with travellers increasingly choosing to discover the joys of solo travel. Following this increased demand and by taking on the valuable feedback provided by our customers, Riviera Travel has more than doubled our solo travel programme in the last year. While we have always offered sole occupancy cabins and rooms on our tours and cruises, in 2017 we introduced our first Solo Travel programme offering eight escorted tours. Our solo offer has expanded rapidly and in 2019 we are proud to offer customers a total of 34 solo tours and cruises. There will also be a new dedicated solo travel brochure available to agents in early 2019.
Our new tours and cruises are carefully created for solo travellers to ensure that hotels are in the right location, meals are included at the right times to encourage the wider group to come together, and that there is choice and flexibility for individuals to tailor their experience according to their own interests and needs.”
THREE NEW CRUISES AVAILABLE FOR SOLO TRAVELLERS
- NEW classic cruise developed for solo travellers: Explore the iconic landmarks and intriguing history of one of the world’s oldest and greatest ancient civilisations on an eight-day Spectacular Nile for Solo Travellers Cruise, aboard the MS Movenpick Hamees. Unlike other Egypt tours offered by Riviera Travel, this itinerary has been especially tailored for solo travellers and includes highlights such as the famed tombs of the Valley of the Kings, the temple of Isis at Philae, which was rescued from the rising waters of Lake Nasser and the towering red granite Obelisk of Hatshepsut. Starting from £1,699pp the package includes return flights from London Heathrow, transfers, all meals, a programme of daily tours and excursions accompanied by an expert tour manager.
- NEW Norwegian Fjords cruise: Sail through the stunning fjords of Norway on the 15-day Cruising the Norwegian Fjords cruise, aboard the MV Aegean Odyssey. Departing from Copenhagen, those travelling with Riviera Travel will join a cruise across the Kattegat Sea to the historic Viking city of Oslo, before embarking on an unforgettable expedition through Norway’s immense western fjords. Starting from £2,799pp the package includes transport with outbound flights from Gatwick and concluding at London’s Tilbury cruise dock, all meals, a programme of daily tours and excursions with an expert tour manager.
- NEW Rhine, Strasbourg & Heidelberg Cruise: The spectacularly scenic Rhine, Strasbourg & Heidelberg Cruise takes travellers on a journey of contrasts, from refined and historic Heidelberg to delightfully quaint Boppard to medieval Strasbourg, aboard the MS Charles Dickens. Cruising down the stunning Rhine River, this diverse itinerary travels to the heart of Germany’s wine lands, through the beautiful Alsatian countryside and concludes in the gothic streets of Cologne. Scheduled for October 2019, departures start from £1,799pp and include return flights from a selection of regional airports or return travel on the Eurostar, TGV and transfers, full board accommodation in a luxury cabin and a programme of daily tours and excursions with an expert tour manager.
FIVE NEW TOURS AVAILABLE TO SOLO TRAVELLERS
- NEW Deep South USA tour for solo travellers: Discover the unique heritage, history and hospitality of America’s Deep South on Riviera Travel’s new Deep South USA plus Texas for Solo Travellers tour. This 14-day itinerary takes travellers through the rich farmlands of Tennessee and past the cotton fields of Mississippi to visit some of America’s most fascinating cities including Nashville, Memphis, and New Orleans, as well as Houston, San Antonio and Dallas. Departures start from £3,139pp and include return scheduled flights from select UK airports, accommodation, most breakfasts plus a welcome dinner, and a daily programme of tours with an expert tour manager.
- NEW Sicily short break for solo travellers: Due to popular demand, Riviera Travel has introduced a four-day getaway to Palermo and Monreale. Take a step back in time and meander through picturesque Palermo, stopping to admire Europe’s oldest royal residence, Palazzo dei Normanni (the Palace of the Normans). Just outside Palermo, discover the UNESCO-listed cathedrals and cloisters of Monreale. Departures start from £649pp and include return flights, four-star accommodation, welcome dinner and farewell dinner, three breakfasts and a programme of tours with an expert tour manager.
- NEW Bologna break for solo travellers: Food enthusiasts can eat their way through this gastronomic gem of a city during the four-day Taste of Bologna escorted tour. Join a guided tour of the city’s ancient centre and visit local producers to taste regional specialties such as parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar. There will also be plenty of free time to discover the city’s porticoed old town, which boasts the oldest university in the western world! Departures start from £799pp and include return flights, four-star accommodation, welcome and farewell dinner, three breakfasts and a programme of tours with an expert tour manager.
- NEW New Zealand tour for solo travellers: From the breath-taking Bay of Islands to the soaring Kā Tiritiri o te Moana mountain range, the New Zealand for Solo Travellers tour offers the ultimate bucket list trip. The 22-day itinerary, which is Riviera Travel’s longest haul solo travel tour, starts with a two-day stopover in Singapore to relax and adjust to the time difference in the southern hemisphere. From Singapore fly to Auckland to start a voyage through New Zealand’s north and south islands. Among the trip’s many highlights is the opportunity to experience one of the world’s great train journeys across the vast Canterbury Plains, located just south of Christchurch, on the TranzAlpine train, as well as join a helicopter flight to see the magnificent Franz Josef glacier. Departures start from £5,949pp and include return scheduled flights, accommodation, transfers, travel on the iconic TranzAlpine train, daily breakfast plus five evening meals and welcome dinner, and a daily programme of tours with an expert tour manager.
- NEW Walking in the Tuscan Hills for solo travellers: Discover the magic of Italy’s enchanting countryside on an eight-day Tuscan Hills tour. Responding to feedback for active itineraries, Riviera Travel has designed this tour to include a range of walks ranging from three to five miles, with difficulty levels from easy to moderate. Customers will explore the quaint villages and monasteries that speckle Tuscany’s landscape, made famous in films such as Gladiator and The English Patient. Excursions to the picturesque towns of Siena and Perugia with specialised local walking guides are sure to make for an unforgettable trip. Departures start from £1,269pp and include return flights, accommodation, on half board basis plus two lunches, as well as a daily programme of tours with an expert tour manager.
For more information on Riviera Travel’s solo travel range please visit: https://www.rivieratravel.co.uk/solo or call 01283 248333