I have been a caravanner for about 5 years and when you buy a van there is a lot to learn and if you want to avoid making costly mistakes, you really need to join a club.
A couple of years ago I went to the Holiday World Show in Belfast and there I met a bunch of friendly happy people who were selling membership to the ICCC.
The Irish Camping & Caravan Club (ICCC) is a “Fun for All the Family Club” Its an all Ireland club which was established in 1971 when a group of 5 families met and formed a voluntary organisation for those interested in Camping and Caravanning.
Like the Irish Rugby Team there are no politics to contend with, just friendly people who are so willing to lend a hand it does your heart good.
The main aim of the club is to represent the interests of campers & caravanners in Ireland and to ensure they have a dam good time.
They are the fastest growing Camping & Caravanning Club in the whole of Ireland and its not really hard to see why. The first day I met up with the group was in Legenderry/ Derry /Londonderry at Foyle college. Welcome Tim we hope you will enjoy our wee club. I was made most welcome in the ICCC and was given a very warm welcome and introduction from Sean Ashton the club secretary, Actually its his wife Helen who does most of the work. I suppose its the like-minded social aspect of the club & advice with fellow members that I like the most. Any issues you have with your van someone will have had it, done it, or repaired it. And its that sharing of knowledge that will save you a fortune.
Advantages of being a member:
- Support of other like-minded members (Awnings, Caravan / Motorhome)
- 32 County Club with 6 Branches offering strong choice of Rallies / Meets in all locations throughout the year
- Fun for All the Family (Learn skills, music, play games etc.)
- Members Only Discount Offers for Ferry Travel, Insurances, Products, Services and Commercial sites
- Children will be in a controlled area, and have the opportunity to interact with others in safe environment.
- Being part of a group will mean certain things can be block booked, making them less expensive.
- During Holidays, families can stay while one parent works during the week
- Access to International Camping Carnet for travel abroad
- Best of Quality Club Merchandise
- Availability of Club owned sites at Courtown & Drumgoff
- Issue of Club Periodical (The Camper) booklet 4 Times a year (Info on what’s happening, tips etc.)
- Club Website to keep up to date & to sell members equipment etc.
- Some off peak activities from time to time, such as walks, cycles, dinner dances, Xmas parties etc.
avail of ICCC Members Only Discounts and Offers etc. (to include Ferry, Insurance, Sales & Service, Accessories & Repairs, Sites, Leisure Activities and Driving Schools).
The club cater for all people to include Singles, Couples, Families and Seniors etc. in all modes of Camper Vans / Motorhomes, Caravans and Tents alike.
During a season, they have a very full calendar and visit almost all counties of Ireland and occasionally travel to UK & Europe.
The ICCC has 6 x Geographically displaced local Branches to cater for the local needs of everyone across all 32 counties of Ireland. The club also has 2 members’ only sites at Drumgoff, Co. Wicklow & Courtown, Co. Wexford which are open all year round.
They also provide the International Travel Carnet for members wishing to travel abroad.
Membership starts from €52 p.a.
Rallies and meets can start from as little as €7 per unit night.